Friday 16 June 2017

Re- Setting Time .


This morning I was alarmed to find the dog had gone missing from the back garden , further investigation found him on next doors lawn eating some crusts of bread thrown out for the birds ( being a Spaniel he is convinced that he is on the point of starvation ) , I retrieved him then started to puzzle how he had got over the fence ? , it was surely to high for him to jump ?! - in fact when my wife takes him to Dog Agility training they have to lower the hurdles for him .


As I sat puzzling about this I saw him sneak off to the top of the garden , so I quietly crept up on him to find him balancing on the Sun Dial ready to repeat his jump using it as a platform to escape to food . So I thought I will have to move it further away from the fence . Now the Sun Dial has been in place for about 25 years and in that time it has grown heavier or I have grown weaker !? , it's quite a substantial piece of Limestone which came from a house we once demolished when I worked for the Council , however with a little ingenuity and quite a bit of swearing I managed to up-root it and move it to another position away from the fence . Then I had to find my compass to set the dial so that it pointed North so it would give a true time reading - well sort of - it doesn't do British Summer Time .


Having got that done I rewarded myself with tea and biscuits and a little planning for my next game .



7 comments:

  1. That's one clever animal you have there and I think you are a bit of a spoil sport. Might have been easier just to throw some bread on your own lawn? I found our dog next door a few days ago and can't figure out how she got there, we don't have a sundial, curious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main draw is food with him , not bothered otherwise , think I've solved the problem removing his 'launch pad'

      Delete
  2. Are you saying that you don't rotate the physical sundial every year to be correct for Daylight Saving and Standard time? sighhhh.

    Meanwhile Canine appetite, ingenuity and perseverance can be a powerful combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was VERY heavy ! , he thinks he's starving all the time

      Delete
  3. Interesting story Tony- trials and tribulations about a man and his pet dog...all worked out good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy catching up on bits and pieces- good to get this lot out of the way for larger concerns- like the Samurai.

    สูตรบาคาร่า
    Gclub จีคลับ

    ReplyDelete